Future of Computing
Service Oriented Architecture
Here a collection of articles defining and explaining SOA, service oriented architectures, published on searchWebServices.com.
Python for Web Services
Python is an excellent scripting language. Here is the web site Projects [dive into mark] of a man who has done a lot of programming with Python in the area of web services.
Improving the process of software development is aided by tools. Macker is a tool for examining code for certain defects. It is a form of automated code inspections.
An article that corrects some common misconceptions about Web Services at Web Services are NOT Distributed Objects.
The six misconceptions are:
- Web services are just like distributed objects
- Web services is RPC for the Internet
- Web Services need HTTP
- Web services need web servers
- Web services are reliable because they use TCP
- Web services debugging is impossible
Semantic Web Services
Another group working together on the semantic web is the Semantic Web Services Initiative (SWSI), "...an ad hoc initiative of academic and industrial researchers, many of which are involved in DARPA and EU funded research projects.
The SWSI mission is threefold:
- to create infrastructure that combines Semantic Web and Web Services technologies to enable maximal automation and dynamism in all aspects of Web service provision and use, including (but not limited to) discovery, selection, composition, negotiation, invocation, monitoring and recovery;
- to coordinate ongoing research initiatives in the Semantic Web Services area;
- to promote the results of SWSI work to academia and industry.
In order to achieve the above overall mission, a number of theoretical, methodological and empirical issues must be addressed. These include:
- creation of language and ontological infrastructure to support incorporation of machine understandable semantics into Web services;
- development of appropriate Web Services architecture and applications.
The SWSI mission will be accomplished through:
- work in the various SWSI committees;
- coordination with standards bodies.
SWSI deliverables may include proposals to standards bodies and feedback on industry white papers.